Executive Director: Properties and Services
University of Cape Town
Faculty : Support / Admin >> Support / Admin Department
Position Type : Permanent
Experience Level : 10 Years
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
DEPARTMENT OF PROPERTIES & SERVICES
Reference number: E18101
The University of Cape Town is seeking an Executive Director to give strategic and operational leadership to the Department of Properties & Services with appointment as soon as possible.
The Executive Director will be responsible for managing and developing physical infrastructure, and providing the University with effective and efficient custodial services, including security, safety and maintenance, and an innovative approach to Property Management. The successful candidate will have leadership, operational and budgetary responsibilities for all functions related to the management of the University’s properties and services, the implementation of new projects, and the overall physical planning of the campus, and will also be responsible for the management and oversight of transport services.
- A four-year University qualification in an appropriate built environment field: engineering, property management, construction, urban planning, or a related discipline
- Professional registration with a relevant statutory body (where applicable)
- Experience in and an understanding of safety, security and facilities management
- Experience in developing, implementing and maintaining integrated and sustainable spatial frameworks for large-scale urban precincts (a knowledge of campus planning and design would be advantageous)
- A good grasp of physical asset management and finance
- Extensive senior management experience
- An ability to reconceptualise and lead a complex and multifaceted department within a large institution with the goal of achieving high quality performance while fostering collaborative team-work
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and attributes, exemplified by vision, strategic and critical thinking, creativity, commitment, accountability, integrity and fairness.
- Knowledge of the higher education environment in South Africa will be advantageous
As part of the senior management team of the University, the Executive Director will contribute to strategic and operational leadership.
The 2018 annual cost of employment, including benefits, is appropriate to the Senior Management level, and is dependent on qualifications and experience.
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file Ms Sikho Mgweba firstname.lastname@example.org.
Signed UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr204.doc)
Letter of Motivation (1 – 2 pages)
Full curriculum vitae (no certificates)
Telephone:021 650 2602
Reference number: E18101
Closing date: 31 January 2018
Candidates may make informal enquiries in confidence via email to the Acting Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Professor Daya Reddy, at email@example.com
For detailed information on this post, please view the job description on the following link: http://www.staff.uct.ac.za/sites/default/files/PS_18101_ED_JD.pdf
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and may be required to undergo a competency assessment.
Nominations with a brief motivation may also be sent to Ms Sikho Mgweba at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of nominations: 17 January 2018
Closing date for receipt of applications: 31 January 2018
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at http://www.uct.ac.za/downloads/uct.ac.za/about/policies/eepolicy.pdf.
For this post we seek to particularly attract black (Black, Coloured, Indian) South Africans.
The University reserves the right to extend the closing date if deemed necessary and reserves the right to make no appointment.